Purkinje EMR Complementary Solution
Involve the patient in the care process, on arrival
The self-serve kiosk allows the patient to confirm his arrival to the clinic for an appointment. Using his health insurance card (RAMQ), the patient validates his own demographic information and confirms his presence.
The kiosk sends real-time data to the appointment module of the Purkinje EMR, which can lighten the work of medical secretaries and automate the sorting of the appointments of the day.
Benefits for the Clinical Staff
Using a self-serve kiosk reduces the administrative burden for medical secretaries and delegates non-specialized tasks to the patient, such as validation of their demographic information or confirmation of their presence at an appointment. This greatly speeds up the registration process while minimizing the queue.
Simple and Intuitive Interface
The touch interface can be used by any patient profile, regardless of their language or level of comfort with technology. The registration process is very simple:
- The patient selects his preferred language;
- The patient scans his Quebec health insurance card (RAMQ) as indicated on the screen;
- The screen shows the patient’s demographic information and appointment details;
- The patient confirms the accuracy of the information;
- The confirmation of his arrival is sent to the secretary and the attending physician.